Sunday 19 December 2010

Rihanna - California King Bed

Omg, I can't lie I really love it. After hearing "Only Girl In The World" I was praying that Rihanna wouldn't follow the craze that everyone else is following. Ok, where am I gonna start?! Ummm......ok. Let's start with the vibe of the song. It's that nice rock ballad with a tiny dash of country slapped in there. A bit Taylor Swift-esque I might say.

The song starts with a guitar picking which is almost typical of rock ballads. This continues into the verse. And then we get into the chorus with the full ensemble. We have the lead electric guitar, acoustic guitar strumming, drums, bass and if I'm not mistaken piano.

Right, so yes, it's a love song (nothing new there) but the thing is - LOVE DOESN'T GET OLD. One reason why I believe I like this song is that it's refreshing coming from a her of all people. Vocally, Rihanna was giving everything. It felt quite raw and the chorus was bursting with that emotion and passion that we need to feel. If you wanna check it out, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuCuW5II6uY&feature=related

I'm hoping you'll like it as much as I do. Take care. And make sure you come the f*** back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment